REBOL 1 Manual

I was reading about some of the design choices in REBOL, and came upon Joe Marshall's writings where he talks about the changes between REBOL 1 and 2 (missing continuations, changed scoping rules, absence of tail recursion, etc.). This made me curious about the differences between the two version; however, I can't find anything related to REBOL 1 on the internet (save for a Scheme compiler).

Will it be possible to share the manual/guide/documentation for REBOL 1 here? It is a piece of history, and it'll be a shame if it just disappears.

It appears that the documentation was HTML files, but Carl didn't make it so you could click through to them without going through a form until version 2. Hence archive.org couldn't scrape it until then:

https://web.archive.org/web/19981212020708/http://rebol.com/

If it had been a .PDF or something, then someone might have a downloaded a copy and archived it along with the executable. But I'd guess unless Carl himself has a copy of the source of his old website somewhere, it's gone.

More likely you could find a Rebol 1 executable someone has around. Though even that might not be as easy to find as one would think.

I was reading about some of the design choices in REBOL, and came upon Joe Marshall's writings where he talks about the changes between REBOL 1 and 2 (missing continuations, changed scoping rules, absence of tail recursion, etc.)

If you haven't gotten a chance to read my own most recent thoughts on what binding/scoping can or should be:

Rebol And Scopes: Well, Why Not?

That points to the directions I myself want to keep exploring. (I've been playing hooky for a couple months and not programming. But have been taking proactive steps like sending my "work" laptop in for its necessary repairs... and am going to arrange for a place to retreat and design/code for a while.)

P.S. Please feel free to introduce yourself...

@gchiu apparently has a printout... perhaps we can scan it and OCR/HTML-ify it.

But given that the Rebol2 manual was pretty light on binding explanation, it might not provide much insight relative to having executables to poke at.