The main issues I see with prot-http are
- the lack of a trace as in SMTP and pop3
- the lack of flexibility with regard to errors
- the contortions one has to go through in adding custom headers for aws Amazon
- the lack of control when there's a http redirect
- others I can not quite think of at 5 am !
Anyway, it's time to see if we can correct some of these issues as they are all in user space.
It's been suggested we switch to using a http2 library but on the other hand we do get to stress the language to see how far we can go when we do this in user code.